Saturday, April 9, 2016

Communicating in High School



Week 1


Communicating in High School 


Communicating in high school has change over the past years. All teenagers communicate in different ways. Sometimes it can be hard to communicate with others in school because everyone has different problems and different way of how to communicate with others. Some high school students rather text their friends instead of talking face to face with them. Other teens like more talking with their verbally because it faster and easier. Communicating between friends and other peers can be difficult because for us teens, it harder to actually sit down and listen when other person is talking, even if they are our fiends. I personally like having a conversation with my friends with then texting them, I feel like I get the message faster to them. I sometimes see high school text being too busy looking down at their phone rather than putting it aside and start a conversation with their friend. Technology is one big change the way high school students communicate now a days. 

5 comments:

  1. I have noticed the same thing and I find it sad that our generation has come to this. Relationships among friends and couples seem to become more virtual and unrealistic as we continue to use technology more than a face to face conversation as our source to communicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you completely! I text my friends all the time. I find myself texting my manager as well, she doesn't mind she texts me too. I do however feel as if I am not being as professional as I should be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Also Agree! I'm the same way as Maritza. I tend to text my managers when in reality I should be calling them, giving myself a better image, looking more responsible. I hate how our generation has come to where texting is the mainform of communicating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can Totally relate to your post Maria!. I noticed that people including myself tend to text instead of talking personally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, you make a lot of interesting points in your post. As I read through the comments I found your post was certainly validated by your peers. Although, many admitted to texting over talking, there was not much mention as to the reasons. I will say that texting can be preferred, even to an employer, if, however, that method of communication has been approved for the purpose used. It should not be assumed that texting is ok for work, unless it has been discussed with the employer. Text messaging certainly does add to our bag of communication methods--that is for sure! On a different note, please make sure you proofread very carefully your post, even create it on MS Word or a program that does grammar check so that you do not leave out words that could change the meaning of your message.

    ReplyDelete